Office Surgery Centers
In-office surgery (also referred to as office-based surgery), is surgery typically performed in an office surgery suite instead of an ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center) or hospital.
WHO WE ARE
- Registered Nurses with first-hand experience in the creation, accreditation of, and the management of in-office surgery suites (in particular, cataract surgery suites)
- Insurance professionals specializing in in-office insurance reimbursement agreement negotiations and special contracts
What are the benefits of an in-office surgery center?
- Convenience and comfort for both patients and doctors
- Improved efficiency
- Elevates the practice in the eyes of both patients and the community
- Creates staff excitement
- Brings opportunity for potential additional service lines (RLE, ICL)
- Produces financial savings by eliminating the outside surgery center
All while offering a safe and equal or better experience when compared to an outside facility.
IN OFFICE SURGERY
What is in-office surgery?
In-office surgery (also referred to as office-based surgery), is surgery typically performed in an office surgery suite instead of an ASC (Ambulatory Surgery Center) or hospital.v
What is an In-office Surgery Center?
An In-office Surgery Center™ is typically an accredited in-office surgery suite, usually located in a surgeon’s office or in a free-standing office. It often consists of an operating/procedure room, clean and…
What procedures are done in an In-office Surgery Center?
This varies by specialty, but the most common specialties performing in-office surgery are ophthalmology, plastic surgery, dentistry and oral maxillofacial surgery, ….
Office Surgery Centers™ founder, graduated from The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine in 2002 and completed his Ophthalmology residency in surgical eye training at The Mayo Clinic in 2006. During his training, Dr. Nusz was impressed with the innovative design of both hospitals – in particular how operating room suites were attached to clinical patient exam areas. This up-close view of how the two eye care giants successfully married medical eye care with surgical eye care in a single location sparked Dr. Nusz’s interest in in-office surgery early on in his career.